You all must know about toll plaza. And you must also know that now the government has made the facility of payment through FASTag at all toll plazas. This facility was launched on 15th December 2019. Now it comes to where to get FASTag? So we want to tell you that a total of more than 28500 such point of sale terminals have been built from where you can buy it. State Bank of India also provides the facility of SBI FASTag. You can easily buy SBI Bank FASTag by visiting the official website of State Bank of India very easily. If you also want to get detailed information about FASTag through SBI, then read our article carefully till the end.
SBI Bank FASTag
State Bank of India’s SBI Bank FASTag is a tool that uses Radio Frequency Identification software to allow payment of toll directly from a prepaid or associated savings account. This device is attached to the windscreen of your vehicle and you do not have to waste time for cash transactions due to this. You can buy this tax through tag issuers and also recharge as per the requirement if linked with SBI FASTag prepaid account. FASTag through SBI provides convenience to the customer as well as saving fuel money and time.
Benefits of SBI Bank FASTag
- Cashback is also given in the form of rewards if you pay toll at National Highway Toll Plaza through SBI FASTag.
- SBI’s service providers are available across the country which help customers save time, energy and money through top up FASTag account with quick recharge.
- You can recharge FASTag Online through any of the means of Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking etc.
- FASTag provides you all the information related to the transaction history, toll payment history and balance available in the account etc. in the customer app.
- Any customer can create a personal account through online registration and get the facility of getting Fastest account through Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet Banking etc.
Implementation of SBI FASTag
SBI Bank FASTag is an electronic tow collection device that is attached to the windscreen of your vehicle. Through this tool, you can pay toll tax by exchange of money. FASTag is a 10 x 5 cm rectangle with lots of discards which is made of a good quality paper. A chip and antenna are also available within the layers of the Easter, which is capable of making toll payments directly from the moving vehicle. This tag pays toll tax through Radio Frequency Identification technology and this fare is deducted directly from your FASTag linked bank account. You can make cashless payments at toll plazas through FASTag which will also help in decongesting the National Highways. You can recharge your SBI Bank FASTag very easily through Credit Card Debit Card Net Banking or IMPS.
Features of SBI FASTag
- Cashless Payment: You no longer need to carry cash for toll transactions. SBI Bank FASTag provides you the facility of making cashless toll payments.
- Promotional Cashback: State Bank of India has decided to offer a monthly cashback benefit of 2.5% to all its SBI FASTag users on toll tax transactions done through SBI Bank FASTag till March 31, 2020.
- Fast Transit: It allows for quick travel with the advantage of auto debiting an exact amount if you pay the tax amount through FASTag at the toll plaza. Along with this, it also saves your time.
- Online Recharge: You can easily recharge your Fastrack online through Credit Card Debit Card or Net Banking.
- SMS Alert: If your FASTag account balance is low for making toll payments, an instant alert will be sent to your registered mobile number through SMS.
SBI FASTag Buying Process
If you want to get all the information related to buying and using SBI Bank FASTag, then you can visit the official website of State Bank of India for this. According to SBI’s website, you can get SBI FASTag card from any POS location across the country. For its verification, you will need to submit a copy of KYC document vehicle RC and other documents. State Bank of India has made FASTag available in two categories.
Limited KYC Holder Account: You can never put more than ₹ 10000 in this account. This account limits the monthly reload limit to ₹10000.
Full KYC Holder Account: The maximum limit for this account is ₹100000. That is, you cannot keep more than ₹ 100000 in this account at any time. Also there is no monthly reload limit for this account.
You will need the following documents to buy your SBI Bank FASTag.
- Duly filled SBI FASTag application form
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- Address Proof: Voter ID, Passport, Ration Card, Utility Bills, Shop License, Letter of Introduction or Confirmation from Post Office, Letter of Introduction by Local Self Government Official
- ID Proof: PAN Card, Passport of the same address, Voter’s ID Card of the same address, Aadhaar card, Ration card, Last 3 month’s utility bill, Shop License, Letter of Introduction by Local Self Government Official, Letter of Introduction or Confirmation from Post Office as
- Recent passport-size photograph of the vehicle owner/customer
SBI FASTag Fees and Charges
Insurance Fees: State Bank of India charges Rs. This fee is charged with apply.
Other charges: The minimum refundable security amount and minimum balance to be charged from the customer depending on the vehicle category are given below.
|Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Security Amount (in Rs.)||Minimum Balance (in Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||300||NIL|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle||300||300|
|6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||400||300|
|12||4 to 6 axle||400||300|
|15||7 or More Axle||400||300|
|16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||400||300|
- You will have to pay tax on every type of top up and recharge.
- You will also have to pay a minimum conveyance fee for each type of transaction.
- When you enable your RFID tag, at that time you have to recharge the minimum amount that is the minimum balance of your card.
- You will have to pay the security amount according to the vehicle category. This amount is returned to Rah after the RFID tag account is closed.
- Toll will be deducted only in compliance with the two places related to your SBI Bank FASTag.
If you have any complaint related to SBI FASTag then you can contact them by calling toll free number of SBI Center.
Toll-Free Number: 1800-11-0018
To lodge any FASTag related complaints
Email ID: helpdesk.FASTag@sbi.co.in
CC to: team,sbietc@sbi,co.in
MoRTH / NHAI / IHMCL has issued 1033 helpline number for the convenience of FASTag users at toll plaza level to address their grievances. You can get the solution of the following problems by contacting this number.
- Stopped at the plaza for Tag blacklist reason even though Tag is not blacklisted.
- Plaza is not accepting FASTag
- Plaza is not able to read the Tag
- Plaza is not supporting monthly pass issuance
- Any other applicable issue for FASTag